Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why I Love Education

First day of school. Ever. Do you remember it? I was in a brandnew pair black overalls, (spandex of course) with a ruffled white blouse bunched up underneath, and a flower headband adorning the head that had been kissed over and over again on my way out the door after a special breakfast. Dozens of kindergarteners clung to their mommies, but not me! I bolted in the door and pulled out my princess sparkle pencils. "I could stay here forever," I whispered almost too loudly.
In fact that became a prophetic statement, because now as I am finishing up my degree in Early Childhood Education, I am destined to be in school the rest of my life. I love the light of learning; its addicting.
I soon discovered that learning is actually quite similar to the gospel and chocolate cake-- its even sweeter when its shared!
So thats that-- why I love education.

No comments:

Post a Comment