Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Technology Adventures Continue...



What a busy week! First I created a class website to correspond to this blog, named similarly A Bouquet of Pencils.

I also subscribed to a great blog on google reader. Google reader is a great tool that I wasn't aware of even though I have been using gmail for years. The website is very user friendly.


I also joined Goodreads.com. I am actually quite excited about this website. It was very user friendly, and I am so excited to see what other books people love!

Lastly I learned how to use Diigo. This tool will be so useful for more than my teaching career. How useful!

Lastly I skyped with my roommate Stephanie and we discussed everything I have learned in this great class!


Of all of the web 2.0 tricks I learned, the most difficult was creating a web page on pbworks. It was challenging to find appropriate material on teachertube, and it had a lot of details that needed to be attended too. However, I also feel that the web page on pbworks was the most useful thing I learned as well. I can now create a class website for the students and parents that is far more sophisticated than a blog page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,

    What a great wiki you created! I liked your idea of including links to games since kids love games. Your blog and wiki look amazing and my favorite part of all is that you shared your knowledge with a friend. That's exactly what Web 2.0 is about! Excellent job!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete